What is SotS looking for in a new program?
• A program that will invite a participant into a transformed life in God.
• Retreats that will attract a diversity of participants.
• A leadership sufficiently seasoned to allow accompaniment in both hard and
joyful places of the spiritual life.
- What does the SotS offer you?
• Collaboration in developing your vision into a workable program.
• Eldership encompassing circles of prayer, beginning with the Board and continuing with a care and advisory committee.
• Experience in changing lives through programming in a Quaker contemplative
• Administration and financial support.
What should a proposal include?
- Please note: Traditionally, programs under SotS’s care have been team taught, so a strong preference will be given to proposals submitted by a team of 2 or 3 persons.
• An overview of the retreat you envision: theme, format, length (week-long, weekend, series of weekends, other).
• A description of your calling and how this call has been seasoned.
• Summary of relevant experience and qualifications.
• Names and contact information of two references familiar with your ministry
If my proposal is accepted, what next?
• You will be contacted by a member of the Board of the School of the Spirit.
• Time will be found for further seasoning of the proposal with a committee
comprising members of the SotS Board and others of your choosing.
• If the leading to proceed is shared by all, a recommendation will be brought to the
SotS Board together with a plan for implementation.
We anticipate that a new program would be delivered within a 12-24 month window after a proposal has been accepted. This would allow time for seasoning, booking a retreat center, and promotion.
To offer us a proposal, or for questions, please contact Jim Herr, Administrator, School of the Spirit — email@example.com